Please keep in mind that the main platform for control of your KNX and Logitech Harmony Hub is the Alexa and Google mobile app.
What's cooler than using a mobile app for controlling your home? Controlling it with your voice.
Convenience is a big part of the appeal of smart home tech. From doing the chores for you to keeping your hands free, smart home technology shines the most when it succeeds in putting time back into your day. And having more time for the things that matter is far from just convenient, right?
Your home can do time-consuming chores and prepare a scene for you like get the living room ready for a movie night by lowering the blinds, and turning on the multimedia. But getting all of the different devices working often means opening a ton of mobile apps.
You can stop searching for the different mobile apps and experience a truly connected home that you can control from a single interface. Use voice, the most intuitive interface and control devices of every type. Say a single command to trigger your non-smart AC, and TV together with your smart lights and switch on Netflix all simultaneously.
Note: Only after linking the Harmony skill, you will be able to change the devices’ friendly names in the Assistant mobile app.
How can I do that?
Upgrade your home with a Logitech Harmony Hub, a voice assistant (Google Home or Amazon Alexa) and just say it.
What is a Logitech Harmony Hub?
Harmony Hub is a device, designed to take the hassle out of controlling your home entertainment and smart home devices separately and control them through one app. With Harmony and Amazon Alexa/Google Home cooperating, you can enjoy hands-free control of all the things you love and even create routines.
For example, a “Good Morning” routine can play your favourite playlist, raise the blinds, set the lights, and adjust the house temperature to start your day.
See how to create the "Good morning" routine with Logitech Harmony and Google Assistant
By integrating the Harmony Hub and a voice assistant with your Loxone, Gira or other KNX devices via 1Home, you can control your entire home without lifting a finger, just with your voice.
1Home is the bridge that gets all the devices talking to each other and executing your voice commands as if they were made by a single manufacturer. Plus you can do this even when you’re away from home.
The following devices (produced by major manufacturers) can be integrated by the Harmony Hub:
- AV Receivers
- Satellite Boxes
- DVD and Blu-Ray Players
- Game consoles
- Smart thermostats (Nest, Honeywell, Ecobee, ...)
- Smart window shades (Lutron Caseta, Hunter Douglas, ...)
- Smart lights (Philips Hue, Lutron, LIFX, ...)
- any remote controlled device
What do I need?
- Logitech Harmony Hub
- Google Home or Amazon Alexa
- 1Home licence as the bridge
Before you start using Logitech Harmony Hub, you need to connect your home with a smart assistant.
Here is how you do it:
How to connect any device through a Harmony Hub and voice control it:
Amazon Alexa & Google Home users
- Start your free trial in the 1Home Dashboard.
- Connect your smart home, then the app will auto-detect your KNX devices.
- Follow the on-boarding to set up your assistant. If you are an existing user and would like to use a different smart assistant, set up your assistant by going to Profile and connecting it with Amazon/Google account.
Get more information on how to connect:
Amazon Alexa with your Loxone smart home
Amazon Alexa with your Gira smart home
Amazon Alexa with your KNX IP Interface
Google Home with your Loxone smart home
Google Home with your Gira smart home
Google Home with your KNX IP Interface.
Amazon Alexa users
- Use Alexa mobile app to first enable the 1Home skill (see how), then enable Harmony skill (the blue one) in the same way.
See this video if something's unclear.
Google Home users
- Enable 1Home and Harmony Action (the blue one). See this guide on how to do it from your Google Home mobile app.
Amazon Alexa & Google Home users
- Create a Routine called “Good Morning” within Amazon Alexa/Google Home mobile app, which orchestrates several devices, both KNX and other remote-controlled devices, at the same time.
An example of what it does:
- Play your favourite playlist on Logitech speakers
- Raise the KNX blinds
- Turn on LIFX lights
- Turn on the air conditioner
- Start brewing coffee (triggered by a smart plug).
Check which devices are supported by Harmony.
When you’ve created a Routine, try saying “Alexa, Good morning!” and enjoy the devices working together to prepare a good morning scene.
You can find other command ideas here for Alexa and here for Google
If you don’t own any smart assistant hardware device (Google Home, Amazon Echo, …), you can use 1Home on any smartphone or tablet.
Here is a guide on how to setup 1Home with your smartphone.